What we are looking forward to in 2016Posted on 15/11/2015 by Nick Harding
Quality Wings 787 Collection
The Quality Wings 787 collection is possibly one of the most anticipated products in the history of Flight Sim! Having been in development for what seems like an eternity things seem to be gearing up at QW HQ and rumours are surfacing that it will finally be available in 2016, possibly by mid-2016.
The release is so in-demand possibly because there is no other usable option available for a full package 787 unlike other aircraft such as the 737 where you have PMDG or iFly options, or the Airbus where Aerosoft, Wilco and Black Box Simulations are in the party. Yes there arre 787's out there but thats why i said "usable". The Aerosim 787 is juist simply awful and reminds of the rubbish put out by the Perfect Flight bunch and the TDS 787 is beautiful, but has no panel or systems modelling.
So why are we so excited about the 787 from Quality Wings? Well, they have form. There 757 was simply stunning and although not the most complex of panels and systems it was a good balance between heavy systems users and those who want to jump in and fly. Their BAe 146 was even better!
Quality Wings is promising us the following features.
On the exterior:
- Fly-by-wire logic affects Flight Control animations
- Shock Strut Compression controlled by XML
- Realistic XML controlled Wingflex, reacting to airspeed, turbulence and air/ground manuevering
- Realistic XML controlled High-Lift system including Flap Load Relief & Autoslat System
- XML controlled Flight/Ground Spoilers
- XML controlled rudder (locks at low speeds)
- All primary Flight Controls
- Super Smooth Gear animation
- Detailed Thrust reversers with Blocker Door animations
- Entry/Service/Cargo Doors with CORRECT animation
- Realistic Nose Wheel Steering
- APU Door (opens only when APU is running)
- Outflow valves and RAM air inlets
- AOA Sensor
and on the flightdeck:
- Detailed 2D Cockpit panels featuring both Widescreen (16:10 aspect ratio) and Standard (4:3 aspect ratio) resolution main panel bitmaps
- Detailed and fully interactive 3D Virtual Cockpit
- Autopilot with VNAV, LNAV, Flight Level Change and Autoland capability
- Traffic Collision Avoidance System with aural warning sounds
- Customizable Ground Proximity Warning System (GPWS) with FULL Altitude Callout. You choose which callouts you want!
- Standard and LITE panel modes available on the fly via the QualityWings Control Panel. Optional LITE mode available for those who REALLY want things SIMPLE.
- Options Galore allowing for a customizeable experience
- Flight Management System
Based on the images QW have been teasing us with on their web site is could look every bit as good as the TDS offering, which for modelling is a very high benchmark!
TFDi Design Boeing 717-200
Lets face it, we havent had a decent flying pencil since the Leonardo Maddog which is pretty old now (but sill amazing fun to fly!) as the MD went out of production after Boeing bought the Long Beach, California plane makers. The MD series become Boeings 717 and it sees service everyday for airlines such as Delta.
Its been largely ignored by the FS community despite the MD range having a loyal following which is why we are more than a little bit excited by the in-development project from TFDi.
We are promised:
- Full flight management system with navigational and performance calculation systems
- Custom autopilot
- Complete display unit simulation, including full synoptic display and EIS alert systems
- Custom flight controls, simulating hydraulically-assisted and aerodynamically positioned control surfaces
- Custom flap system, simulating variable takeoff flap selection
- Independent captain and copilot systems (where applicable)
- Custom GPWS and CAWS system
- Complete system simulation, accurate according to published operations manuals
- Aircraft flight dynamics tuned according to published performance charts and established aeronautical performance information
Along with a high quality sound pack and realistic flight performance as close to the real 717 as possible in FSX.